Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- See All the Winners from the Kids' Choice Awards!
- The Style Top 5: Amal Clooney Brings Her Glam Street Style to NYC, Iggy Azalea Gets Candid About Her Body and More
- Lions vs. Crocodile: This Time, It's Personal (VIDEO)
- Inside Story: How Brittany Maynard Became a 'Death with Dignity' Advocate
- Angelina Jolie Makes Her First Post-Surgery Appearance
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 27, 2005
- Vol. 63
- No. 25
Alicia Silverstone & Christopher Jarecki: Love, Naturally
On the Shores of Lake Tahoe, the Actress and the Rocker Wed in 100% Organic Style: Even the Invitations Were Recycled
After Jarecki popped the question about a year ago—"He was waiting on our old wicker love seat, ring in hand, with the most beautiful proposal any best friend could ever give," recalls Silverstone, 28—the two were involved in every step of the wedding planning: recycled invitations; organic beeswax candles; a bar made out of old wine barrels; and bamboo chairs for the couple's guests (including Woody Harrelson and his wife) who attended the 3:30 p.m. ceremony, during which the officiant "went into the lake and got some water and blessed them," says San Francisco Events wedding planner Joannie Liss. But for Silverstone, the high point was an unscripted moment when, despite the windless day, "waves came out of nowhere," she says. "It felt as if our ancestors were sending us a message."
As in: Patience, children. Facing Jarecki (also barefoot) against the romantic backdrop of giant Sequoia trees and mountains, Silverstone had a tough time waiting for the post-"I do" smooch. "It was so hard not to kiss him during the ceremony! I was going out of my mind," she says. "So the kiss at the end was amazing."
March 28, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!