Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Robert De Niro Gives Blunt, Funny, Inspiring Commencement Speech to Acting School Grads
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Chris Pratt Apologizes in Advance for Potential 'JurassicGate' and Misbehaving on Press Tour
- Kris Jenner Tries to Embarrass Daughters Kourtney and Kim Kardashian with a Throwback Pic of Their Model Poses
- RHONJ Star Amber Marchese's Breast Cancer Has Not Spread: 'I Am Very Blessed'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 11, 2005
- Vol. 64
- No. 2
A Disaster Wrecks Albert Trevino's House—but Also Uncovers a Jackpot
Now thanks to the painting—and sharp-eyed neighbor Pam Hagen—they can pay for that new house as well. The canvas "gave me the chills," says Hagen, 58, a lifelong amateur painter, of her first good look at the dreamy landscape. "I just knew that it was an important work of art." Experts agreed, identifying it as Evening Shadows, a long-missing major work by Joseph Kleitsch, a key figure in the California plein air style—and valued at $500,000. "I was just in disbelief," says Albert. "My wife and I loved that painting, but it was like an old, worn-out piece of furniture. No one had a clue."
While art dealer Ray Redfern arranges the painting's sale, Evening Shadows hangs in the Laguna Art Museum, alongside three other Kleitsch works. The Trevinos, who are staying at a family friend's home, remain in limbo, unsure yet whether re-engineering of the hillside will eventually allow them to rebuild their dream house. If not, "we can buy a small one somewhere else with the money," says Dolores. "We're not going to be homeless now."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!