Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,190 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Angelina Jolie Pitt's $2 Million Childhood Home For Sale in New York
- Read the Cover Story: At Home with Donald Trump and Family!
- The Coat Every Woman Needs in Her Closet
- VIDEO: Aww! Tim McGraw Shows His Romantic Side in Clip Celebrating His and Faith Hill's Wedding Anniversary
- Greta Goes Red! Hailee Has Bangs! All the Hair Changes Not to Miss This Week
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 11, 2005
- Vol. 64
- No. 2
A Disaster Wrecks Albert Trevino's House—but Also Uncovers a Jackpot
Now thanks to the painting—and sharp-eyed neighbor Pam Hagen—they can pay for that new house as well. The canvas "gave me the chills," says Hagen, 58, a lifelong amateur painter, of her first good look at the dreamy landscape. "I just knew that it was an important work of art." Experts agreed, identifying it as Evening Shadows, a long-missing major work by Joseph Kleitsch, a key figure in the California plein air style—and valued at $500,000. "I was just in disbelief," says Albert. "My wife and I loved that painting, but it was like an old, worn-out piece of furniture. No one had a clue."
While art dealer Ray Redfern arranges the painting's sale, Evening Shadows hangs in the Laguna Art Museum, alongside three other Kleitsch works. The Trevinos, who are staying at a family friend's home, remain in limbo, unsure yet whether re-engineering of the hillside will eventually allow them to rebuild their dream house. If not, "we can buy a small one somewhere else with the money," says Dolores. "We're not going to be homeless now."
October 06, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!