Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Bachelor's Britt: 'I Cried Every Day' After I Was Sent Home
- The Best Photos from the Week of Feb. 23- Mar. 1, 2015
- The Bachelor: Women Tell All Recap: Britt Is a Beautiful Crier and Kelsey Explains Why Her Story Is So 'Amazing'
- One In a Million: Parents Take Home Two Sets of Identical Twin Girls
- Meryl Streep's Daughters Land Fashion Campaign (Plus, See Kristen Stewart's New Chanel Ad!)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 11, 2005
- Vol. 64
- No. 2
Indie King: Terrence Howard
LATEST GIGS: Star-making movie turns in Crash and the upcoming Sundance sensation Hustle & Flow
•The Next Big Thing: The New York Times in 2001 called Howard "the best actor you never heard of." Well, listen up now: He wowed critics as a humiliated TV director in Crash and turns in another powerhouse performance in Hustle, out July 13, as a pimp turned rapper. Onscreen "he has so much depth," says Hustle producer John Singleton. "You know there's something going on in his head."
•Big Pimpin': Howard, who in real life writes romantic guitar ballads, almost passed on the Hustle role. "That Superfly stuff is not me," he says. But he spent months learning the ropes from rappers and pimps. "I lend my flesh to a role," says the actor. "I'm not going to just lend the bones."
•Sweet Reunion: He married wife Lori, 34, for the second time in February. As a struggling actor in the '90s, he says, he drank too much and was unfaithful. She left him; he cleaned up his act and spent six years winning her back. "I was a boy in a man's frame," says Howard, who has three kids with Lori—ages 11, 9 and 8. "Now I feel like I'm in the process of becoming a man."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!