Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kaitlyn Smith's Blog: 'I Have Not Gotten On a Scale Yet'
- The Style Top 5: Amal Clooney Brings Her Glam Street Style to NYC, Iggy Azalea Gets Candid About Her Body and More
- Zayn's Best Moments with One Direction
- Spring Cleaning Tips from Interior Designer Nate Berkus
- VIDEO: Fear the Walking Dead: Los Angeles Is Hit with a 'Strange Virus' in First Promo
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 06, 2003
- Vol. 60
- No. 14
As Celeb Pals Watch, Melissa Etheridge Takes a Bride
And interactive, as was much of the sunset event uniting musician Etheridge, 42, with Michaels, 28, of The WB's series Popular. The barefoot brides recited their vows under an arch of blue and pink hydrangeas. Meanwhile some 150 guests including Steven Spielberg, Sheryl Crow, Tom Hanks and both brides' mothers lit candles and took turns holding the pair's wedding bands right up until the moment the couple slipped on the rings and the Reverend Charles Hall declared them "beloved wives."
Then it was time for revelers to enjoy a Mexican buffet before hitting the dance floor. "Sally Field was still dancing when a lot of us left at midnight," one guest reported. An hour later the Etheridges—Michaels is changing her name, even though their marriage is not legally recognized—headed home to the L.A. house they share with Bailey, 6, and Beckett, 4, Etheridge's children with former partner Julie Cypher. "Melissa and Tammy are good together," says pal Ann Whatu. "Relaxed, happy, down-to-earth. And so in love."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!