Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Scandal Recap: Fitz and Mellie Plan Her Political Future as the Show Takes on Ferguson
- Read the Cover Story: What Caused This Teenager to Murder His Parents?
- Harrison Ford Suffered 'Bad Laceration' to Scalp in Plane Crash, Says Eyewitness
- Twitter Flooded with Show of Support for Harrison Ford After Plane Crash
- Aviation Expert on Harrison Ford's Crash Landing: 'Everything He Did Was Perfect'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 24, 2003
- Vol. 60
- No. 21
Best Pals Cook Up a Way to Feed the Needy
Four years later Borchert and Jackson, both 25, have made stirring up goodwill a full-time mission. With the Campus Kitchens Project, a nonprofit headquartered in St. Louis, they take 500 volunteers on college campuses, including Dillard University in New Orleans and Saint Louis University, mix in food donated by restaurateurs and create hot meals for senior citizens, the homeless and kids in after-school programs. With six kitchens now in operation, the volunteers deliver more than mere sustenance. "They come in and ask, 'Miss Jackson, what can I do for you?' " says Betty Jackson, 66, of St. Louis, whose spinal disease keeps her from standing long enough to cook. "I can expect company twice a week."
Funded in part by a $500,000 corporate grant, the program does have one drawback: It keeps director Borchert—a Nebraska native married to her high school sweetheart, Taylor, 25-and associate director Jackson, who's from New Jersey and single, too busy to cook. Still, "connecting with the community has become like an addiction," says Jackson, "and I'm not planning to try to kick it."
March 05, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!