Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,184 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jennifer Lawrence Is a Vision in White as She Reunites with Hunger Games Costars at N.Y.C. Exhibit Opening
- The Best Photos from the Week of June 22- June 29, 2015
- Mom Who Tortured Her Two Children to Death and Stashed Their Bodies in a Freezer: 'If I Had a Chance to do it Again, I Would'
- Amber Heard Opens Up About Coming Out as Bisexual in Hollywood: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Shop the Wedge Boot You Need For Summer
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 24, 2003
- Vol. 60
- No. 21
Best Pals Cook Up a Way to Feed the Needy
Four years later Borchert and Jackson, both 25, have made stirring up goodwill a full-time mission. With the Campus Kitchens Project, a nonprofit headquartered in St. Louis, they take 500 volunteers on college campuses, including Dillard University in New Orleans and Saint Louis University, mix in food donated by restaurateurs and create hot meals for senior citizens, the homeless and kids in after-school programs. With six kitchens now in operation, the volunteers deliver more than mere sustenance. "They come in and ask, 'Miss Jackson, what can I do for you?' " says Betty Jackson, 66, of St. Louis, whose spinal disease keeps her from standing long enough to cook. "I can expect company twice a week."
Funded in part by a $500,000 corporate grant, the program does have one drawback: It keeps director Borchert—a Nebraska native married to her high school sweetheart, Taylor, 25-and associate director Jackson, who's from New Jersey and single, too busy to cook. Still, "connecting with the community has become like an addiction," says Jackson, "and I'm not planning to try to kick it."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!