Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Sweet Dreams! Kim Kardashian West Snaps a Selfie to Tell Her Unborn Son 'Good Night'
- Read the Cover Story: Inside Blake & Miranda's Shocking Split
- 'Austin and Perry, We're Coming for You': Rescuers Hopeful They'll Find 14-Year-Old Boys Who Went Missing on Florida Fishing Trip
- Bachelor in Paradise Superlatives Are Out! Who Did Cast Members Name Most Dramatic?
- Missing California 8-Year-Old Girl's Body Found in a Dumpster; Teen Boy in Custody
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 24, 2003
- Vol. 60
- No. 21
For Maureen Kelly, Succeeding with Her Cosmetics Line, Tarte, Honors the Husband She Lost
It took a guy to change her mind. Kelly started Tarte cosmetics in 1999 at the urging of her husband, Mark Ludvigsen, a bond salesman. She was unsure about her work as a psychologist and, Kelly recalls, "Mark said life is too short" not to follow your dreams. He was more right than they knew. By 2001 Tarte was selling in high-end stores like Henri Bendel and Nordstrom. But that September Ludvigsen, 32, died in the attack on the World Trade Center. "He called and said he was fine and would call back in 10 minutes," says Kelly, 31. "I never heard from him again."
So grief-stricken she could barely get out of bed, Kelly pushed on to make the Manhattan-based Tarte a success. The, company is projecting S2.7 million in sales this year, with 5 percent of the net profit going to charities like Dress for Success, while fans of her fanciful products (feathered powder brushes) include Jennifer Garner, Ashley Judd and Britney Spears. Says the still-single Kelly: "It was Mark's and my dream—he believed in me. I didn't want to let him down."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!