Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Lupita Nyong'o's Oscars Dress Reportedly Returned to Los Angeles Hotel
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- VIDEO: Would Host Chris Harrison Ever Be The Bachelor?
- Bobbi Kristina Brown: What The Latest Medical Developments Really Mean
- Couple Married 67 Years Die Together Holding Hands
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 01, 2003
- Vol. 60
- No. 22
Genuine Care Package
Pam Koner and Pals Ship a Monthly Taste of Kindness to An Illinois Town in Need
Now, though, Davis realizes how much they care. Thanks to Hastings-on-Hudson, N.Y., children's-center owner Pam Koner, 52, the Davises are one of more than 70 needy families in Pembroke receiving monthly parcels of food and clothes as part of a rapidly growing program called Family-to-Family. Inspiration struck last September, when Koner read a newspaper story about Pembroke, one of the poorest towns in America. "It was haunting," says the single mother of two. "I had to do something. So I called information and asked for the pastor in the story. I asked what he needed. He said, 'Food.' "
Davis, 43, a nursing student raising four children with her retired husband, says the packages from Koner and her townmates always arrive just in the nick of time. "Things get low," she says, "but I never run out of food."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!