Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- John Krasinski Admits It's 'Super Intimidating' to Step into Alec Baldwin and Harrison Ford's Shoes as New Jack Ryan
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Texas Man Allegedly Beheaded Wife and Put Head in Freezer
- Two 90-Year-Old World War II Veterans Parachute Into Field Where One Was Shot Down 72 Years Ago
- In Honor of Women's Equality Day: 11 Famous Women Currently Rocking the World
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 01, 2003
- Vol. 60
- No. 22
Genuine Care Package
Pam Koner and Pals Ship a Monthly Taste of Kindness to An Illinois Town in Need
Now, though, Davis realizes how much they care. Thanks to Hastings-on-Hudson, N.Y., children's-center owner Pam Koner, 52, the Davises are one of more than 70 needy families in Pembroke receiving monthly parcels of food and clothes as part of a rapidly growing program called Family-to-Family. Inspiration struck last September, when Koner read a newspaper story about Pembroke, one of the poorest towns in America. "It was haunting," says the single mother of two. "I had to do something. So I called information and asked for the pastor in the story. I asked what he needed. He said, 'Food.' "
Davis, 43, a nursing student raising four children with her retired husband, says the packages from Koner and her townmates always arrive just in the nick of time. "Things get low," she says, "but I never run out of food."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!