Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Star Wars-Entourage Mashup You Never Knew You Needed in Your Life
- Read the Cover Story: Jill and Derick Dillard Share Their Baby Boy's Dramatic Arrival
- Olivia Munn Teases Her X-Men: Apocalypse Costume: 'If the Latex Fits …'
- Horror in South Carolina: A Killing Caught on Video
- Mary J. Blige: Sam Smith Is 'My Little Brother'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 08, 2003
- Vol. 60
- No. 23
A Teen Heartthrob Takes His Life
Lonely and Drinking Heavily, Jonathan Brandis—the '90s Star of Seaquest DSV—Hangs Himself
During the movie's shoot last year, Brandis impressed colleagues as an unassuming professional. Even at teen heartthrob apex in '94, when he got 4,000 letters a week, Brandis's sea-Quest costar Roy Scheider told PEOPLE, "he takes his incredible popularity with a grain of salt." A former child actor who had starred in such family-oriented features as 1992's Ladybugs, Brandis seemed to take it in stride when his career cooled in the late '90s. But friends say he was upset when what he hoped would be his comeback-as a POW in 2002's Hart's War—ended up on the cutting-room floor.
Ironically, his role in the yet-unre-leased Squeeze, starring as a CIA hit man opposite Harvey Keitel, may have been his best showcase in years. "Harvey even said to me a couple of times, 'This kid is good,' " Katz recalls. "When we were in the editing room looking at him, we all said, 'This guy's going to have a big career.' "
April 16, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!