Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Prince William, the Queen and Camilla as You've Never Seen Them Before! Check Out Their Unusual New Portraits
- The Style Top 5: Reese Witherspoon Channels Elle Woods,
Steal the Styles from Wet Hot American Summer and More
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Show Off Their Shoe Line, Admit to Problems With Confidence
- How Scott Disick May Have Blown a Second Chance with Kourtney Kardashian
- Ashley Williams on Giving Birth. In Her Living Room. On the Floor!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 08, 2003
- Vol. 60
- No. 23
GI Paul Gonzalez Brings School Supplies to Iraqi Kids
And how. In just over two months, Anne, 56, and her husband, Rene, 62, a retired judge, have rallied supporters from Alaska to Texas to collect $18,000 worth of school supplies—pencils, crayons, notebooks—that their son plans to deliver directly to Altun Kopri's 2,800 schoolchildren, with the first shipment due to arrive within days. While elsewhere in Iraq U.S. soldiers combat terrorists, Gonzalez and his 173rd Airborne Brigade comrades are greeted in Altun Kopri by children yelling, "I love you!" Mayor Abdul Mutalib Najmaddin says the same children used to hide when members of Saddam Hussein's Baath party walked by. "He has solved so many problems," Najmaddin says of Gonzalez, 25.
No one has been more overwhelmed by the grassroots success of Operation Golden Bridge—the town's name, in translation—than Gonzalez. "We came to Iraq because our country asked us to do something," he says. "Since we've arrived, it's become more personal."
August 01, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!