Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Why Daniel Radcliffe Won't Be Sneaking Into the New Harry Potter Play
- Read the Cover Story: Mystery in Idaho: Little Boy Lost
- Will Smith's 13 Best Wisecracks in the Original Independence Day, Ranked
- Adnan Syed's Younger Brother Says, 'We've Waited 20 Years for Justice' After New Trial Ordered
- WATCH: Justin Bieber Fell Again During His Concert – But He Recovered Like a Pro
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 08, 2003
- Vol. 60
- No. 23
They Got Rocked
First, the Bad News: There's a Hole in Your Roof. The Good News? That Meteorite Is Worth, Like, $200,000
Geologists concurred: The Faussets' home had been rocked by a space invader. "Meteorites are not especially beautiful to look at," says geologist Rhian Jones of the stone, an estimated 40 lbs. before shattering into more than 100 pieces when it hit at 200-plus mph. "But they're valuable because of where they come from."
And there's the beauty part: Sometimes money does drop out of the sky. The Faussets, both 59, were delighted to learn that remains of the rare meteorite, which did $10,000 worth of damage, are worth about $200,000. "There's a whole subculture out there," says Roy, who runs a gift shop with his wife. "They want to get a piece of it." Or even a piece of debris: Professional meteor hunter Mike Farmer claims he would have paid $5,000 just for the desk—already, alas, discarded—the rock destroyed.
For now the chunks remain safely in storage. "Is it a message from God?" muses Kay, reviewing the parade of plagues that have hit their humble home thus. far. "The only thing we haven't had is pestilence," she says. "But the dog does have fleas."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!