Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Before Texas Mom Pulled Gun and Killed Two Daughters, Divorce-Seeking Husband Told Her, 'You Have Ruined My Last Birthday'
- Read the Cover Story: Mystery in Idaho: Little Boy Lost
- Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory's 45th Anniversary: Why Gene Wilder Was Robbed of an Oscar
- 'Scotland Voted Remain, You Weapons-Grade Plum': David Tennant Reads Mean Scottish Tweets About Donald Trump
- The Bachelorette's Chad Johnson Pays Tribute to Late Mother: She Was the 'Most Positive Person I've Ever Known'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 08, 2003
- Vol. 60
- No. 23
Proving He's Got Style and Substance, Ralph Lauren's Son David Helps the Family Biz Give Back
Achieving similar balance in his career is tougher, but lately Lauren, 32, feels confident he's getting there. The founder of the now-defunct gen-X magazine Swing is senior vice president of advertising and marketing at Polo Ralph Lauren—and the man some predict will take over the reins one day. This fall he launched an ad campaign featuring activists urging people to take up volunteerism. The ads promote G.I.V.E. jeans, 10 percent of whose profits will go to charities like Teach for America.
"My parents grew up in The Bronx without money, so I always respected people who believed in giving back," says Lauren, who—like siblings Andrew, 34, a film producer, and Dylan, 29, a candy-store-chain magnate who "gives me a lot of advice"—enjoyed a privileged Manhattan upbringing. Ralph (himself a philanthropist who recently pitched in with his sons to help repaint his old elementary school) couldn't be prouder. "David," he says, "is an honest, sincere person who cares about other people."
To date, those people don't include a wife. Tip to interested parties: Sporting head-to-toe Polo isn't the surest way to this heir apparent's heart. "When I meet a girl who tells me she volunteers," David says, "I think it's incredibly sexy."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!