Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- President Obama Weighs in on DeflateGate: 'If You Break the Rules, Then You Break the Rules'
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- Helen Mirren Wins Subway Etiquette
- Yes! Michael Keaton Says He Wants to Make Beetlejuice Sequel
- It's a Boy for Chris O'Dowd and Dawn O'Porter
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Sunday February 01, 2015 05:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 08, 2003
- Vol. 60
- No. 23
Mountains, Wind and Raging Rivers Daunt Them Not. Fans of Extreme Ironing Have but One Goal: Press on
As goes Leicester, so goes the globe. Since Shaw's inaugural 1997 expedition, around 1,000 daredevils, including scuba divers, surfers and stunt cyclers, irons in hand and tongues firmly in cheeks, have steamed ahead. Last year Shaw, 29, and others competed in the first Extreme Ironing World Championships in Germany, where contestants raced through an obstacle course. Next? "If you can have synchronized swimming in the Olympics," Shaw asks, "why can't you have extreme ironing?" Why not, indeed?
January 31, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!