Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,168 covers and 54,870 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- So, What Exactly Is a PEOPLE Magazine Award?
- Read the Cover Story: Family and Friends Remember Robin Williams
- Casper Smart's Dude Topknot Kicks Off the PEOPLE Magazine Awards in Memorable Style
- Watch Birthday Girl Xtina Keep Gettin' Better with Age
- See George Clooney’s Selfie on the Set of Downton Abbey
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Thursday December 18, 2014 08:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 08, 2003
- Vol. 60
- No. 23
Mountains, Wind and Raging Rivers Daunt Them Not. Fans of Extreme Ironing Have but One Goal: Press on
As goes Leicester, so goes the globe. Since Shaw's inaugural 1997 expedition, around 1,000 daredevils, including scuba divers, surfers and stunt cyclers, irons in hand and tongues firmly in cheeks, have steamed ahead. Last year Shaw, 29, and others competed in the first Extreme Ironing World Championships in Germany, where contestants raced through an obstacle course. Next? "If you can have synchronized swimming in the Olympics," Shaw asks, "why can't you have extreme ironing?" Why not, indeed?
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!