Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jennifer Hudson, Sheila E., Stevie Wonder, Janelle Monáe and More Honor Prince with Stunning BET Awards Tributes
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- FROM EW: All the Winners at the 2016 BET Awards
- Toni Braxton and Rapper Birdman Put Love on Display at the BET Awards
- FROM EW: Game of Thrones' Lena Headey Dishes on Those Finale Twists
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 08, 2004
- Vol. 61
- No. 9
30 Years of People
As we approach our 30th-anniversary issue (April 12), we take a look back at some of the most memorable covers in our history. In the early '80s, we met the charmingly shy Lady Diana Spencer, who wed one prince and gave birth to two more, in the process winning the hearts of the world. Early on Prince Charles quipped, "I'll just have to get used to the backs of photographers when she is near me."
July 5, 1982
After Diana gave birth to William, the future King, Prince Charles joked, "He has the good fortune not to look like me."
October 22, 1979
In a Kiss-and-tell interview, Cher got tongues wagging by discussing her open yet committed relationship with Gene Simmons.
December 22, 1980
"People will come up and ask for autographs," John Lennon (with Yoko Ono) said two days before his shooting by an insane fan, "but they don't bug you."
June 28, 1982
Reacting to America's love affair with E.T. (and his costar Henry Thomas), we published an excerpt from William Kotzwinkle's best-selling novelization.
February 13, 1984
Though badly burned, Michael Jackson "was alert enough," we said, "to tell the ambulance attendants that he wanted to keep his trademark jeweled glove on."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!