Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Gladys Tordil, 44, Allegedly Gunned Down by Estranged Husband in Maryland High School Shooting Leaving Another Injured: Report
- Read the Cover Story: Prince Harry: Finding My Purpose
- WATCH: Adele Helps Same-Sex Couple Get Engaged During Copenhagen Concert, Volunteers to be Their Surrogate
- Former NFL Star Will Smith's Widow Racquel Accepts Masters Degree on Late Husband's Behalf
- Kristen Bell Discusses Dealing with Anxiety and Depression: 'I Shatter a Little Bit When I Think People Don't Like Me'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 08, 2004
- Vol. 61
- No. 9
Moment of Truth
After Her Big Fat TV Con, Randi Coy Won the Money—and Her Family's Forgiveness
So is all forgiven, then? "I don't think I ever didn't for give her, because I know she's a good person," says her mom, Cathie, 46, a kindergarten aide. "In the beginning," says Randi, 24, "it was about the money. But in the end we learned a lot about our family and how close we really are. No matter what we're doing, even though we're making the biggest mistake, we stand by each other's side."
Even if it took some serious tugging and prodding on the part of Bruce and Cathie to keep Randi's brothers Patrick, 26, and Bobby, 17, and sister Melanie, 20, from walking out after seeing her dreadful choice of husband. Not that Bruce didn't have his suspicions all along that something was fishy about these nuptials. "Of all these reality shows, there's been only one couple that's gotten married, Trista and Ryan," he says. "So we thought Steve and Randi were probably doing it for money. We thought they'd get an unbelievable honeymoon and ride it out for six months and then they'd announce a breakup."
Though the "split" occurred at the altar, it has turned out to be an amicable one. "Steve and I have a good friendship," says the still-single Randi, who left her job as an elementary school teacher after the series premiered. "I've met his wife [Anneliese]. I've snuck over to their house and had dinner with them. My dad asked for his number this morning so he can call him." Meanwhile, perfect strangers have been reaching out to the Coys. "I had a lady come up to me yesterday," Randi says, "and say, 'You helped me through my divorce. Your show made me realize what kind of family I want for myself.' That really meant a lot to me."
Michael Lipton. Ulrica Wihlborg in Los Angeles
- Ulrica Wihlborg.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!