Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Khloé Kardashain on Exercise and Feeling Down: 'I Have So Much Energy When I Am Angry'
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Witnesses Recall Terror of Planned Parenthood Shooting: 'He Lifted His Shirt Up and He Had Holes in His Chest'
- Kentucky Woman Contracts an Infection, Undergoes Emergency Surgery – Likely Due to the Glitter Hair Tie She Wore on Her Wrist
- Shop the Genius Tool Used at the Victoria's Secret Runway Show!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 08, 2004
- Vol. 61
- No. 9
Hitting a Lighter Note
Former American Idol Finalist Kimberley Locke Gets in Tune with Her New Slimmer Body
What the onetime law student needed was discipline, and she found it in L.A.-based trainer Lee Brandon. Since November, when Brandon began pushing Locke through a five-days-a-week gym regimen (half-hour cardio and an hour of weight training), the singer has lost at least 20 lbs. and added new layers of muscle that emphasize her curves. Now the novice pop star will be able to command the stage like a diva when she promotes her first album, due this spring. (Her first single, "8th World Wonder," is receiving radio airplay nationwide.) "We cut the waist in so it looks tiny," says Brandon, who has trained NFL players. "We've taken nearly an inch off each of her thighs and nearly 10 inches off her torso." In particular, says Locke, "I like that cut look on my arms."
That's not all that's cut; junk-food fat is gone from her diet except on her one cheat day a week. "When I go out, instead of ranch dressing I'll have vinaigrette," she says, "and ask for a tablespoon of ranch on the side." At home in L.A., she sticks to grilled chicken—even when her roomie Clay Aiken "eats Hot Pockets pizza for every meal," she jokes. "I just ignore that freezer full of junk."
Locke's goal is to be able to fit nicely in a size 8 (she's down to a 12 from a 14), but she's realistic. "I'll never be a size 0. It's not in my genes. I just don't want to jiggle anymore. Well, except for the places I want to jiggle."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!