Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Chris Soules: I'm Ready to Begin My Life with Whitney Bischoff
- The Best Photos from the Week of Apr. 27- May 3, 2015
- Lady Gaga Defends Justin Bieber: 'He Really Has a Sweetness to Him'
- David Letterman Jokes That He's the Father of Reese Witherspoon's Daughter
- RHONY Recap: Bethenny Dishes Out Some Tough Business Advice to Sonja
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 08, 2004
- Vol. 61
- No. 9
The Writing Irish
Take That, James Joyce! Cecelia Ahern, Daughter of Ireland's Prime Minister, Quits School and Reaps $1 Million for Her First Novel
Used to the spotlight as the second daughter of Bertie Ahern, 52, and his long-estranged wife, Miriam, 49, Ahern (a self-described "solitary" sort who likes to stay at home with boyfriend David Keoghan, 25) is coming to terms with her own fame. Written in three months after she dropped out of grad school, PS, I Love You earned her $500,000 in a movie deal even before the book hit the U.S. this month.
The story of a young woman coping with her husband's death, PS is being marketed as a kind of melancholic Bridget Jones. Ahern, however, is not interested in being a standard-bearer of chick lit. "I didn't know what people were talking about when they said that," she says. "I thought they were talking about Chiclets."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!