Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Toddler Starts Clothing Drive for Alaska's Homeless: 'I Don't Want Them to Sleep on a Piece of Cardboard'
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Special Education Teacher Spends 10 Minutes Complimenting Every Student at the Beginning of Each Class
- Talking Bubble Baths & Bad Hair Days with Mariah Carey
- Exclusive Deal: The Initial Bracelet
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 15, 2004
- Vol. 61
- No. 10
I Do, I Defiantly Do
Rosie O'Donnell Stands Up for Gay Marriage with Her Own San Francisco Nuptials
And so she did. Shortly after 1 p.m., city treasurer Susan Leal pronounced Rosie, 41, and Kelli, 36, "spouse and spouse," using words the couple chose. "I had tears when I saw tears well up in their eyes," Leal recalls. "Even though Rosie is a comedian, there were no jokes; she was serious." In fact she was making a political statement: That morning she told Good Morning America that her wedding was a protest against President Bush's "hateful" proposal to seek a constitutional amendment banning gay marriages, including the more than 3,300 performed in San Francisco since Mayor Gavin Newsom gave the green light Feb. 12.
After their nuptials Rosie introduced Kelli to reporters on the steps of City Hall as "my brand-new wife." Then the newlyweds hopped a flight back to New York—and reality. "With four kids under 8," deadpanned Rosie, "there will be no honeymoon."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!