Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Why Is Britney Spears's Boyfriend, Charlie Ebersol, Teaming Up with Michelle Obama?
- Read the Cover Story: The Untold Love Story Behind American Sniper
- Convicted Drug Dealer Charged in Murder of Fox Executive
- Excited Woman Falls to Her Death After Her Boyfriend Proposes on the Edge of a Cliff
- Shakira and Gerard Piqué Welcome Second Son
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday January 30, 2015 10:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 19, 2004
- Vol. 61
- No. 15
A Kidnapping-That-Wasn't Panics—Then Puzzles—a Coed's Family and Friends
It appeared a tragedy in the making on March 27, when at 2:30 a.m. Seiler—caught on security video—left her dorm and vanished into the night. Friends feared the worst: On Feb. 1, Seiler had told police she had been attacked—knocked out and dragged a block near her building. Had the assailant come back? Dread turned to joy on March 31 when police found her in a marsh, cold and dehydrated but unharmed. Authorities launched a hunt for her alleged abductor—and within two days it was called off: Seiler's story was flimsier than Paris Hilton's résumé. Most damning, she claimed her abductor had used a knife, duct tape and rope, all found in the marsh. A store video revealed she herself had bought those items days earlier.
By April 2 Seiler had admitted lying about being grabbed outside her dorm; she told cops she had wanted "to be alone." Now she's undergoing psychiatric treatment and her parents, Stephanie and Keith, have hired an attorney. Friends remain supportive. "We're happy she's back," says Jones, one of hundreds of volunteers who helped police search. "We just hope she gets the help she needs."
January 30, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!