Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Breast Milk Ice Cream Is Back Just In Time for the Royal Baby's Birth
- The Best Photos from the Week of Apr. 20- Apr. 26, 2015
- Avengers: Age of Ultron: Scarlett Johansson Says Black Widow and the Hulk 'Really Long for the Connection' (VIDEO)
- Taylor Swift-Loving, Lip-Synching Delaware Cop Returns with Dash Cam Duet
- FROM EW: Get a First Look at Kodi Smit-McPhee as Nightcrawler in X-Men: Apocalypse
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 19, 2004
- Vol. 61
- No. 15
Prince William in Love
Britain's Most Eligible Bachelor Romances His Roommate Kate Middleton
He was not amused for long. Four days later, paparazzi pictures emerged of the prince looking cozy with one of those mates—fellow University of St. Andrews student Kate Middleton, 21—blowing open a relationship the pair have kept secret for about a year. The romance with Middleton "has been going on for a bit," a friend confirmed to PEOPLE. "She is his girlfriend."
Middleton caught William's eye in his first semester at the Scotland university when they shared an art history course. Rumors about the true nature of their relationship have buzzed since they became roommates in September 2002—along with two other students—escalating last year when the pair, now juniors, were spotted at a rugby tournament "lying on the ground together...gazing into each other's eyes," according to one onlooker. The oldest child of Michael and Carole Middleton, who run a mail order company selling children's party toys, Middleton grew up in rural Berkshire, west of London. At Marlborough College, a prestigious high school, she excelled at field hockey and cross-country running, making her a good match for sports-mad William, who will play water polo for Scotland's universities this month.
But would-be princesses of the world need not despair just yet. Says a friend of William's: "It would be wrong to read into it that wedding bells are around the corner."
April 27, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!