- John Legend Introduces Baby Luna to His Grandmother in a Sweet Instagram Photo
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- Kourtney Kardashian Wishes 'Baby Daddy' Scott Disick a Happy 33rd Birthday – See Her TBT Photo
- What Does the Inspector General's Report on Hillary Clinton's Emails Really Mean?
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
- April 19, 2004
- Vol. 61
- No. 15
You've Got Bee-Mail!
'To Bee or Not to Bee?' That Was the Question for Brian Griffin, Who Turned a Hobby into Big Business
They haven't exactly been bad for the Griffin family, either. Since 1991, when Brian became interested in bees while researching how to make apple trees in his backyard bear more fruit, their family-run enterprise known as Knox Cellars has grown into a business with yearly sales of $200,000 from books, bees and paraphernalia. "Dad's silly little bee hobby got totally out of control," says Novich, a married mother of three who gave up her job with a forest-products company to join full-time in 1999. Fortunately the bee they deal in most, the Orchard Mason, usually ignores humans—even ones who can't mind their own beeswax. In all his years of beekeeping, Griffin has been stung only once. "And it was my own fault," he says. "I just happened to get one down my shirt and started swatting it until it finally fought back."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!