Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Beauty Queen Sentenced to Prison in Fake Cancer Scam: She 'Literally Stole from Dying People'
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Michael Lohan Expresses Concern for 'Frantic' Daughter Lindsay Following Alleged Altercation with Fiancé: 'I Wanted to Get Her to a Safe Place'
- WATCH: AHS Releases First Teasers for Mysterious Season 6 – and They're Predictably Terrifying
- WATCH: Jazz Jennings Nervously Prepares for Her First Date – Even Though She Admits, 'I Still Don't Know My Sexual Orientation'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 10, 2004
- Vol. 61
- No. 18
Picks and Pans Review: Inspiration
"I may not be the best singer in the world, but I sing from my heart and I sing with passion. I enjoy what I do, not for money, not for fame. I just enjoy singing." So says William Hung in one of the inspirational spoken interludes of his freshman disc, before launching into a cringe-worthy rendition of R. Kelly's "I Believe I Can Fly." Hung, who sounds like the karaoke singer from hell, scored an unlikely record deal after his tone-deaf version of Ricky Martin's "She Bangs" made him the laughingstock—and the breakout star—of this season's American Idol rejects. Even as a comedy album, though, Inspiration falls flat. What may be funny on television for a few minutes just doesn't cut it for an entire CD. And Hung, who puts his unmusical mark on two Martin songs ("She Bangs," "Shake Your Bon-Bon") and three Elton John tunes ("Rocket Man," "Circle of Life," "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?"), brings such earnestness to the proceedings that he doesn't seem to be in on the joke. He's missing the one thing he needs more than good pitch: a sense of humor.
- Chuck Arnold,
- Ralph Novak.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!