Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Spa Day! Channing and Jenna Dewan-Tatum Enjoy 'Romantic' Couples Massage in Palm Beach
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Sarah Hyland Learns How to Play Guitar – See Who Her Teacher Is!
- Oprah Winfrey Treats 20 of Her Students from South Africa to The Color Purple on Broadway
- Gia Giudice Celebrates First Thanksgiving Without Mom Teresa, Last with Dad Joe Before Prison Term
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 24, 2004
- Vol. 61
- No. 20
Back to the Wall
Artist Judith Baca and 250 Helpers Begin Restoring L.A.'s Most Famous Mural—and the City's Sense of Hope
Now Baca is starting a massive restoration of her most famous piece, the 13-ft-high, half-mile-long Great Wall, which depicts world and L.A. history on a flood-channel wall. Some 400 youths—many from poor, crime-ridden areas—worked on the mural, and now some of their kids are working on the restoration. "People come first for Judy," says Priscilla Becker, 40, who, as a teen from a poor family, worked with Baca for three summers. Now CEO of a software company, Becker adds, "From Judy I learned that dreams are not just dreams."
Baca was teaching art in an inner-city park when she began planning murals to build bridges between rival gangs. She hopes the restoration—expected to cost $550,000 in public and private donations and take three summers and 250 kids—will meet the same goal. "All these people made the wall together," she says. "That's the story—what they made together."
November 26, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!