Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Judge Denies Request to Protect Amber Heard's Dog, Pistol, after Hearing on Domestic Violence Allegations
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- Amber Heard's Shocking Abuse Claims Against Johnny Depp: Details of Alleged Attack 2 Days Before She Filed for Divorce
- Swimsuit Model Mayka Kukucova Found Guilty of Murdering Jewelry Tycoon Ex-Boyfriend Andrew Bush
- Police Allege Air Force Sgt. Used Chainsaw to Cut Up Remains of Ex-Wife Air Force Veteran Who Had Been Missing Since April
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 28, 2004
- Vol. 61
- No. 25
Toxic Tour: Canceled
A Rough Year Gets Worse for Britney Spears, as a Knee Injury Forces Her to Cancel 37 U.S. Concert Dates This Summer
The devastating decision follows a rash of bad luck and worse buzz. Spears's latest album, In the Zone, has not sold nearly as well as her earlier multiplatinum success, Oops!...I Did It Again–not even with naughty lyrics ("I don't really want to be a tease/But would you undo my zipper please?"). On the recent European leg, she failed to attract a solid string of sold-out crowds–one show in Germany was canceled for "technical reasons," after selling only two thirds of its seats–and critics were appalled by her listless, lip-synched performances. Speculation that something was amiss just made her laugh, says a friend. "Britney said, 'If only people knew the truth, they'd be jealous. I'm happy and in love.' "
But even her love life is fraught with complications. Her boyfriend of the past month, dancer Kevin Federline, 26, comes with baggage in the form of a pregnant girlfriend back home. Still, it's Federline who has been providing Spears the shoulder she needs to lean on. "Kevin was with her when the incident happened," says her rep, "and was by her side through the entire surgery. He has been nothing but supportive."
She'll need all the support she can get–and she might want to practice the optimism she expressed during one of her last shows. "The last months in my life have been like a roller coaster ride. I've gone through a lot of highs and lows," Spears told the audience. "But all these experiences just show you how beautiful life is, don't they?"
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!