Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Find Out Which A-List SNL Regular Has Been Elected to Play Donald Trump
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Sen. Marco Rubio Calls for Investigation into the Jetty That Claimed the Lives of José Fernández and Friends
- Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton 'Grossly Incompetent' and Promises Supporters He's 'Going to Get Rid of That Crooked Woman'
- Kate in Cowboy Boots! William and Kate Get Sporty at Mountain Biking Festival in Canada
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 05, 2004
- Vol. 62
- No. 1
Picks and Pans Review: Let's Be Us Again
Hey, pardners! You're all from Texas. Your name is Lonestar. Ever hear of Bob Wills? Ernest Tubb? Tex Williams? Willie Nelson? Guy Clark? Pat Green? To judge from this disc, the quartet's seventh, they've never heard of those authentic Texas troubadours. The 13 songs, all but one of which a Lonestar member had a hand in writing, tend to the routine. "County Fair," for instance, has its vibrant moments but gets bogged down in uninspired lyrics: "Big top, big time, big crowd, big hair." Meanwhile, both "Mr. Mom" and "Women Rule the World" go way out of their way to pander to the group's female fans. The album's highlight is "Let Them Be Little," a sweet, poignant neolullaby by lead singer Richie McDonald and Billy Dean. In addition to serving as producer, Dann Huff plays electric guitar, joining an effective group of backup musicians that notably includes fiddler Rob Hajacos, mandolinist Jonathan Yudkin and keyboardist Matt Rollings. And southern states collide when Lonestar is joined by vocalist Randy Owen of Alabama on the lively "From Here to There."
- Chuck Arnold,
- Ralph Novak,
- Steve Dougherty.
September 28, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!