Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Two Minnesota Sisters Found Dead on Vacation in the Seychelles
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Male DNA Found in Lisa Ziegert Murder Case, 24 Years After Her Death
- Congress Avoids Government Shutdown by Passing Stopgap Spending Bill With $1.1 Billion for Zika Research
- Black-ish Star Yara Shahidi Explains Why Zoey Doubting Her Faith Is 'What Most Teenagers Go Through'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 12, 2004
- Vol. 62
- No. 2
Pamela Anderson Helps Bankroll a 25-Year-Old Gymnast's Olympic Quest
With Anderson's backing ($20,000 and climbing), the age-defying gymnast hopes to pull off her trickiest maneuver yet: landing on August's six-woman U.S. Olympic team. As Anderson cheered her on, Bhardwaj finished sixth at the Anaheim, Calif., Olympic trials Jun. 27, earning an invite to this month's selection camp. "She's so inspiring," says Anderson, a onetime gymnast. "You want to see her on a Wheaties box."
The Philadelphia native, an 11-time All-American at UCLA, briefly retired after dislocating her elbow in 2002 and began working as a pool-hall cocktail waitress. However, she "was constantly thinking of going back" to the sport and resumed training last spring. With her credit cards maxed out, Bhardwaj received Anderson's backing just in time. The actress—who said she "absolutely" will travel to Athens and cheer Bhardwaj on if she makes the team—is relishing her new role as cheerleader. Says Bhardwaj: "She wanted me to have all the attention."
September 28, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!