Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Bella Hadid Makes Beige Spandex Sexy in Her Latest Athleisure Look
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Thinking Pink! Inside Lacey Chabert's Chic and Sweet Baby Shower
- Mila Kunis' 'Blue Sunset' Graphic Eye Will Be Your New Summer Makeup Move – Here's How to Get It!
- The Secret Behind Duggar Hair: Jinger Reveals Her Routine for Straight Strands
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 12, 2004
- Vol. 62
- No. 2
Pamela Anderson Helps Bankroll a 25-Year-Old Gymnast's Olympic Quest
With Anderson's backing ($20,000 and climbing), the age-defying gymnast hopes to pull off her trickiest maneuver yet: landing on August's six-woman U.S. Olympic team. As Anderson cheered her on, Bhardwaj finished sixth at the Anaheim, Calif., Olympic trials Jun. 27, earning an invite to this month's selection camp. "She's so inspiring," says Anderson, a onetime gymnast. "You want to see her on a Wheaties box."
The Philadelphia native, an 11-time All-American at UCLA, briefly retired after dislocating her elbow in 2002 and began working as a pool-hall cocktail waitress. However, she "was constantly thinking of going back" to the sport and resumed training last spring. With her credit cards maxed out, Bhardwaj received Anderson's backing just in time. The actress—who said she "absolutely" will travel to Athens and cheer Bhardwaj on if she makes the team—is relishing her new role as cheerleader. Says Bhardwaj: "She wanted me to have all the attention."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!