Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Boyfriend of Slain Legal Diva Star Loredana Nesci Acted in Self-Defense, Attorney Says
- The Style Top 5: Reese Witherspoon Channels Elle Woods,
Steal the Styles from Wet Hot American Summer and More
- Gisele Bündchen Gets Back to Yoga After Allegedly Being Spotted in Burqa
- Defiant Valerie Harper Gives Update on Health: 'I Am Not, Nor Have I Been, in a Coma'
- Is Scott Disick Regretting Split with Kourtney Kardashian in New Photo: 'The Grass Isn't Always Greener'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 16, 2004
- Vol. 62
- No. 7
Little Black Book's Julianne Nicholson
HOMETOWN: Medford, Mass.
LATEST GIG: Brittany Murphy's worst nightmare
• Connecting the dots: This is one actress who won't change her spots. "People will add my freckles into a script," says Nicholson, who inspires jealousy in a woman (Murphy) investigating her boyfriend's former flames in the romantic comedy Little Black Book.
• A natural: She wasn't the traditional bombshell envisioned for the role, says producer Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas. "But if she was my husband's ex-girlfriend, I'd be afraid. There's a sweetness and honesty about her, an ability to say, 'Hey, let's go find a rock wall,' or 'Let's go run a marathon.' She's everything I'd freak out about."
• Rustic roots: As a young girl, Nicholson moved to a rural home with her family "to get back to basics," which meant an outhouse and no electricity. The novelty wore off as puberty hit: "I couldn't blow-dry my hair!"
• Model behavior: She started modeling in high school, but was later pressured to lose weight. "I felt everyone was prettier than me," she says. "I never felt worse about myself physically, so I quit." After years of waitressing, she landed parts on Ally McBeal, Presidio Med and ER.
• Next up: Nicholson (no relation to Jack), who lives in L.A. with her fiancé, actor Jonathan Cake, 36, has a role in the movie bio Kinsey, out this November. "I want a career," she says. "I don't need one flashy role that's going to make me a movie star."
August 01, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!