Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kylie Jenner Invites Tyga to Move Back In With Her as Source Says 'He Still Has Money Problems'
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- Lena Dunham Calls Kanye West's 'Famous' Video 'Disturbing' and 'Sickening'
- Michelle Obama Visits Liberia with Daughters Sasha and Malia to Push for Girls' Education: 'I'm Here to Shine a Big, Bright Light on You'
- FROM EW: Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams Shares Who She Thinks Arya Stark Should Kill in Season 7
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 20, 2006
- Vol. 65
- No. 7
Sanaa Lathan and Simon Baker, Stars of the Romantic Comedy Something New, Dish About Interracial Romance, Fiery On-Set Chemistry and Baring It All for the Camera
Sanaa, we hear Simon wore more makeup than you during filming.
Lathan: He has pale skin and I have dark skin, so they had to balance us out a bit [for lighting reasons]. All of the girls in the makeup trailer got to see Simon naked. They totally did his whole body in tanning cream.
Baker: I looked like a Greek fisherman, didn't I?
Lathan: The makeup gave him that sunny glow.
What else went on in that makeup trailer?
Lathan: It was really Simon and 10 black women. He was privy to private black girl stuff. Secrets ...
Baker: I was a fly on the wall. I vowed never to tell.
Was he popular on-set?
Lathan: All my girlfriends had crushes on him.
Baker: You were a little protective of me. All the other girls would be like, 'Heeey!' and she would look at me like ... (furrows his brow).
Lathan: I was like, "Stay away from my man." That was just me being in character.
You had to strip down again for a love scene, Simon.
Lathan: Even though it's PG-13, we did a scene where we saw his butt. No one will see it, but we did!
Any Valentine's Day plans?
Lathan: He tried to set me up.
Baker: I sort of tried. It didn't work. Within five minutes, you were like, "It's not working."
Have you dated interracially?
Lathan: I don't discriminate.
Baker: I've been married 12 years, and my memory only goes back five. I once dated an Asian girl; we sort of shacked up for a few days.
Lathan: Aww, he's such a guy. Most American movie stars are boy-men. Simon's a man. He has that edge but is able to be romantic and sweet.
So, are you both romantics?
Lathan: I am.
Baker: I'm hopeless.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!