Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Britney Spears on Embracing Life in Her 30s: 'My 20s Were Horrible!'
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Bryan Cranston, Susan Lucci and More React to All My Children Creator Agnes Nixon's Death
- Donald Trump on Alicia Machado's Miss Universe Reign: 'I Saved Her Job'
- José Fernández's Pregnant Girlfriend Maria Arias Makes First Public Appearance Since His Death at Memorial Service
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 20, 2006
- Vol. 65
- No. 7
Two Great Saves
Seven Years After Nurse Penny Brown Saved His Life, 17-Year-Old Kevin Stephan Returns the Favor
Or incredible good fortune, anyway. In July 1999 Brown—an intensive-care nurse—got an unexpected night off and was able to attend her son's Little League baseball game. During the game, she watched in horror as Kevin, then 11 and a batboy, fell face first into the dirt after being hit in the chest with a baseball bat. Rushing down from the stands as Kevin's terrified parents looked on, Brown pounded Kevin's chest and, getting no response, started CPR. Kevin came to.
As he grew up, Kevin honed his own first-aid skills, first as a Boy Scout and then as a junior firefighter for Bowmansville's volunteer department. Now—busy with college applications and plans to continue as a firefighter, the third generation in his family—he dismisses talk of being a hero. But Brown says all the attention is well-deserved. "This," she says, "is an experience neither of us will ever forget."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!