Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Find Out What Joe Jonas Has to Say About Exes Taylor, Demi and Gigi on WWHL's Plead the Fifth!
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Melanie Griffith on Being 'Introspective' and 'Totally Curious' About Her New Path in Life
- Oprah Winfrey, Kelly Clarkson, Kerry Washington and More React to Hillary Clinton's Nomination on Twitter
- Pretty Little Liars Star Troian Bellisario Doesn't Want Any Part of the Taylor vs. Kim Feud: 'I Would Choose the Green Party'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 27, 2006
- Vol. 65
- No. 8
Meet Halle's New Man
Sorry, Guys—She's Taken! Halle Berry Falls for a Soft-Spoken Canadian Model Who Treats Her Like a Star
And have been since they met shooting a Versace ad in L.A. in November. A month earlier, Berry was still seeing ex-beau Michael Ealy, her costar in the TV movie Their Eyes Were Watching God. But at the shoot, says Aubry's friend, they noticed each other "in a big way." By Christmas, when Aubry flew to Montreal to spend the holiday with his father, Gérard, 62, and his eight brothers and sisters, he spoke of Berry "with brilliance in his voice," says Gérard. Showing that kind of emotion is unusual for Gabriel, who overcame a tough childhood—he lived with five foster families between the ages of 3 and 18 until moving in with his dad—before rising to the top of the modeling world. Says Nadia Canova, whose Montreal-based Montage Models Inc. discovered Aubry, then a cook, in 1997 at a Quebec ski resort: "He's a very quiet person, with good values."
And excellent taste in wine. Last month, the Manhattan resident squeezed in time during fashion week in Milan, says his friend, to "buy a few bottles of red he knew Halle would enjoy." Meanwhile Berry, who is in the city filming the thriller Perfect Stranger with Bruce Willis, skipped out of a Feb. 10 dinner party in NoHo because Aubry had an early shoot the next day. When asked about the romance by PEOPLE, Berry playfully zipped her lips. But Aubry is clear about his feelings, says his dad: "He told me he was in love."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!