Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Lea Michele Shares TBT Photos With Her Surprising 'Hero': 'It Was One of the Greatest Moments of My Life'
- Read the Cover Story: Prince, 1958-2016
- 'I'm Gonna Check My S--- at the Door': Gwyneth Paltrow on How She and Chris Martin Made 'Conscious Uncoupling' Work
- Is the Bob Over? Kate Hudson, Kaley Cuoco and More Stars Going from Short to Long Hair
- Alone Winner Alan Kay Shares His Wilderness Survival Tips: Ask 'What's Going to Kill Me First, and What's Going to Kill Me Next?'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 03, 2006
- Vol. 65
- No. 13
Catching Up with Chris Kattan
Back in a New Comedy Film, the Funny Guy Finds His Peace After Saturday Night Live. Except Joan Crawford's Ghost Lives Next Door
Known for such manic characters as Mango and Mr. Peepers, Kattan, 35, has only fond memories of SNL. "I got to swap spit with Charlize Theron and slap J. Lo on the butt," he says. "In what other job do you get to do that?" After "feeling a little lost" since leaving the show in 2003, a refreshed—and somewhat more restrained—Kattan is back playing the pigheaded roommate of a gay man in the movie comedy Adam & Steve, out March 31. Now, he says, "people on the street occasionally yell 'Mango,' but more often they yell my actual name, which is good."
WHY HE'S SO HYPERACTIVE
Maybe it's rebellion. Growing up, "I lived up in Mt. Baldy [Calif.] with my mother and stepfather," says Kattan. "There's a Zen center there, and he was a Zen monk. It's hard to get into meditation when you're 5." Instead, "I discovered I could get girls to pay attention to me if I fell down all the time."
HIS DREAM ROLE
To play silent film comedian Buster Keaton. "We have a very similar physical quality," says Kattan, who does Pilates to keep in pratfall-ready shape. "I just don't ever want to hear that Matthew Broderick is doing The Buster Keaton Story."
WARNING: AVOID WIRE HANGERS
Kattan shares his Hollywood home with his girlfriend of nearly a year—model Sunshine Tutt, 29—and her Chihuahua Pepper. "Next door is the house that Joan Crawford lived in, the Mommie Dearest house," he says. "They say at night you can sometimes hear her wail."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!