Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Is Robert Durst Connected to These 3 Missing Women?
- Read the Cover Story: Avril Lavigne Opens Up About Her Secret Health Crisis
- How Stars Get Beachy Waves: With This Brand-New (Amazing) Curling Iron
- Mother Charged with Murder in Death of Her Toddler Son at Manhattan Restaurant
- Angelina Jolie: How Unbroken Has Helped Me Over the Last Few Months
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 17, 2006
- Vol. 65
- No. 15
Return of the Idol
Back at His High School, American Idol's Kevin Covais Is a Big Man on Campus
Kevin Covais may not be the next American Idol, but the 16-year-old dubbed Chicken Little by fellow contestants knows how it feels to get the star treatment. Upon his return to Island Trees High School in Levittown, N.Y., on March 31—nearly two months after leaving for Idol in L.A.—the junior was greeted by the sight of his face plastered on lockers and water fountains. And then there was the pep rally featuring a marching band, cheerleaders and the thunderous hoots of his schoolmates. "Being back and seeing all you guys again, you don't know how much it means to me," Covais told the nearly 930 students who packed the school gymnasium. "Thank you for caring enough to be here for me." To which the crowd responded with shouts of "We love you, Kevin!" Despite the hero's welcome, Covais admits, "I was more nervous out there than being on American Idol. "
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!