Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Stanford Sexual Assault Convict Brock Turner to Be Released From Jail on Friday
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Vicki Gunvalson Has the Support of the Last RHOC Alum You'd Expect
- Kelly Dodd Defends Her Bad Behavior to Heather Dubrow: 'I Don't Just Attack People'
- Josh Murray and Nick Viall Clash in Explosive Bachelor in Paradise Showdown – and One New Arrival Creates Major Waves
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 17, 2006
- Vol. 65
- No. 15
Return of the Idol
Back at His High School, American Idol's Kevin Covais Is a Big Man on Campus
Kevin Covais may not be the next American Idol, but the 16-year-old dubbed Chicken Little by fellow contestants knows how it feels to get the star treatment. Upon his return to Island Trees High School in Levittown, N.Y., on March 31—nearly two months after leaving for Idol in L.A.—the junior was greeted by the sight of his face plastered on lockers and water fountains. And then there was the pep rally featuring a marching band, cheerleaders and the thunderous hoots of his schoolmates. "Being back and seeing all you guys again, you don't know how much it means to me," Covais told the nearly 930 students who packed the school gymnasium. "Thank you for caring enough to be here for me." To which the crowd responded with shouts of "We love you, Kevin!" Despite the hero's welcome, Covais admits, "I was more nervous out there than being on American Idol. "
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!