Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Lena Dunham Reverse-Body Shames Donald Trump at Democratic Convention: 'According to Him, My Body Is Probably, Like, a 2'
- Read the Cover Story: JFK Jr.: The John We Loved
- WATCH: Gold Medalist Kami Craig Told Her Mom She Was Going to the Olympics (When She Was 5 Years Old!)
- Tennis Star Chris Evert Blames Menopause for Her Divorce from Olympian Andy Mill
- Leonardo DiCaprio and New Flame Nina Agdal Party with Tobey Maguire on a Yacht in Ibiza
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 17, 2006
- Vol. 65
- No. 15
No Place Like Home
Having Beaten the Medical Odds, Randal McCloy Jr.—The Sole Survivor of the Sago Mine Disaster—Picks Up His Bow and Arrow and Starts to Reconnect with His Family
Indeed. Walking, talking and lucid, McCloy—pulled from the mine near death after inhaling carbon monoxide for 41 hours—has made an "unprecedented" recovery, says neurosurgeon Julian Bailes, one of McCloy's doctors. McCloy, who needs continued rehab, has vision damage and trouble balancing and recalling names. What he hasn't forgotten: the deaths of his fellow miners, a subject he hasn't discussed publicly so far. "Things happened that I'd rather I didn't see," McCloy told Today's Matt Lauer March 30. "But I did."
By nature shy, McCloy is adjusting to his fame and is grateful for supportive letters as well as assistance from funds set up by the International Coal Group and others. His wife, Anna, 25, also just bought her husband his dream car—a new red Mustang for his 27th birthday. But as he greeted well-wishers, McCloy also savored the simple pleasures: dining on pinto beans, kicking back in his recliner and enjoying the antics of children Randal, 4, and Isabel, 17 months. "By the end of the day," says stepfather Tim Flint, "Randy was pooped."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!