Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Mother of Murdered 12-Year-Old Recalls the Day of His Death: 'I Was in Complete Shock'
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Warren Beatty Would Want Ronald Reagan (or Maybe President Obama) to Play Him in a Biopic
- WATCH: Justin Theroux's Cousin Louis Takes on Church of Scientology in New Movie
- WATCH: Verne Troyer Opens Up About Being Called the M-Word As a Child – and How He Physically Defended Himself Against a Bully
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 03, 2006
- Vol. 66
- No. 1
Picks and Pans Review: Snow Patrol
This Irish band had the good luck to open for their countrymen U2 on a European tour last year. But judging by the mellow and melodic sounds on Snow Patrol's fourth album, the quintet would make an even better double bill with another U.K. rock group you might have heard of: Coldplay. Tunes like the dreamy love song "Chasing Cars," heard on the Grey's Anatomy season finale, and the sweetly melancholy "You Could Be Happy" would no doubt make Gwyneth Paltrow swoon. (No offense, Chris.) Even when the lyrics veer toward the melodramatic ("I've got to see you one last night/ Before the lions take their share/ Leave us in pieces shattered everywhere," on the guitar-pop opener "You're All I Have"), frontman Gary Lightbody invests it all with such earnestness that he makes you a believer. [STARS 3]
DOWNLOAD THIS: "Chasing Cars"
For more information on where to find our Download This picks, go to www.people.com/downloadthis
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!