Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kim and Rob Kardashian Send Loving Messages to Bruce Jenner
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Laverne Cox Congratulates Bruce Jenner: 'It Is Always Brave to Stand in One's Truth'
- Mark Wahlberg Makes a $250,000 Bet with Diddy on the Mayweather vs. Pacquaio Fight
- It's a Girl for Owain Yeoman
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 03, 2006
- Vol. 66
- No. 1
Picks and Pans Review: Snow Patrol
This Irish band had the good luck to open for their countrymen U2 on a European tour last year. But judging by the mellow and melodic sounds on Snow Patrol's fourth album, the quintet would make an even better double bill with another U.K. rock group you might have heard of: Coldplay. Tunes like the dreamy love song "Chasing Cars," heard on the Grey's Anatomy season finale, and the sweetly melancholy "You Could Be Happy" would no doubt make Gwyneth Paltrow swoon. (No offense, Chris.) Even when the lyrics veer toward the melodramatic ("I've got to see you one last night/ Before the lions take their share/ Leave us in pieces shattered everywhere," on the guitar-pop opener "You're All I Have"), frontman Gary Lightbody invests it all with such earnestness that he makes you a believer. [STARS 3]
DOWNLOAD THIS: "Chasing Cars"
For more information on where to find our Download This picks, go to www.people.com/downloadthis
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!