Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,168 covers and 54,870 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- North Carolina Churchgoers Indicted for Allegedly Kidnapping and Beating Gay Congregation Member
- Read the Cover Story: Family and Friends Remember Robin Williams
- Find Out How Channing Tatum Can Help You Appear On Stage at the Oscars
- Plus-Size Blogger Asks 21 Countries to Make Her 'Beautiful' with Photoshop
- FROM EW: The Simpsons – 25 Best. Episodes. Ever.
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Wednesday December 17, 2014 09:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 24, 2006
- Vol. 66
- No. 4
The Road Back
Eleven Weeks After a Fatal Crash That Led to a Tragic Mix-Up, 19-Year-Old Whitney Cerak Is Still in Rehab, but on the Mend
Indeed, the Cerak clan has a lot to be happy about these days. Celebrating Whitney's progress on a blog he now keeps, Whitney's father, Newell, reports that his daughter—undergoing intensive physical therapy at a rehab facility in Grand Rapids, Mich.—can walk more than 300 feet, play card games and has joined her family on outings for steak dinners and July 4th fireworks on a lake. "It was good to see her smile and eat caramel popcorn," wrote Newell the next day.
She will require months of antibiotics to combat an infection in her left leg, which was broken in the crash. Her grandfather says Whitney knows about the case of mistaken identity. "She does grasp it," he says. "I know she does." For now, he says, the family is focused on her day-to-day improvement—and on keeping her spirits up. The last time they talked, he says, "Her grandmother and I told her we loved her and thanked her for being such a brave girl."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!