Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Daniel Craig Is the Ultimate Action Hero in New James Bond Spectre Trailer
- Read the Cover Story: At Home with Britney Spears and Her Boys!
- Taraji P. Henson Apologizes for Accusing Police of Racially Profiling Her Son
- Heroes Among Us: After a Tragic Loss, Man Gives Sick Kids the Gift of Music
- Sam Worthington and Lara Bingle Welcome a Son
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 24, 2006
- Vol. 66
- No. 4
The Road Back
Eleven Weeks After a Fatal Crash That Led to a Tragic Mix-Up, 19-Year-Old Whitney Cerak Is Still in Rehab, but on the Mend
Indeed, the Cerak clan has a lot to be happy about these days. Celebrating Whitney's progress on a blog he now keeps, Whitney's father, Newell, reports that his daughter—undergoing intensive physical therapy at a rehab facility in Grand Rapids, Mich.—can walk more than 300 feet, play card games and has joined her family on outings for steak dinners and July 4th fireworks on a lake. "It was good to see her smile and eat caramel popcorn," wrote Newell the next day.
She will require months of antibiotics to combat an infection in her left leg, which was broken in the crash. Her grandfather says Whitney knows about the case of mistaken identity. "She does grasp it," he says. "I know she does." For now, he says, the family is focused on her day-to-day improvement—and on keeping her spirits up. The last time they talked, he says, "Her grandmother and I told her we loved her and thanked her for being such a brave girl."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!