Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Arrest Made in Disappearance of Ohio 20-Year-Old Sierah Joughin, Though She Has Not Been Found
- Read the Cover Story: JFK Jr.: The John We Loved
- Rupert Murdoch's Ex-Wife Wendi Deng Denies Rumors She's Dating Vladimir Putin
- Lindsay Davenport: Why the Atlanta Olympics Were So Special to Me and My Family
- WATCH: IKEA'S Annual Catalog Now Has Its Own Theatrical Trailer
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 08, 2007
- Vol. 68
- No. 15
Eat, Play, Love
Top Chef Host Padma Lakshmi Dishes About Her New Cookbook—and Life After Divorce from Author Salman Rushdie
Such are the occupational hazards for the stunning Indian-born model and actress, whose second cookbook, Tangy Tart Hot & Sweet, features recipes inspired by her travels to places like Tanzania and Spain. But this latest venture is as much about fellowship as fine dining. "With food, there's more that unites us than divides us," says Lakshmi, 37, who learned Indian cooking from her mother. "Take Asian and South American cooking—there's tamarind, cumin, cilantro, in both."
Her chief recipe tester? Then-husband, novelist Salman Rushdie, 60, to whom Lakshmi dedicated the book. (The couple recently divorced after three years of marriage.) "He tasted every dish," says Lakshmi, who lives in temporary New York City digs. Currently unattached, Lakshmi says of her ex, "I miss having that sounding board. I don't think you ever stop loving people."
For now, the multi-tasking Lakshmi is channeling her energy into the Top Chef season finale airing Oct. 3, staying fit by lifting weights and boxing, and shopping for—what else?—kitchenware: "I can go into Chanel and walk out empty-handed, but if I go into a kitchen store, I'm in trouble."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!