Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Scarlett Johansson Named the Highest Grossing Actress of All Time
- Read the Cover Story: Mystery in Idaho: Little Boy Lost
- Michelle, Malia and Sasha Arrive in Sophisticated Style for Final Stop in Spain on Their Let Girls Learn Tour
- Blake Lively Calls Café Society Director Woody Allen 'Very Empowering': He Gives You 'Confidence in Yourself'
- Taylor Swift's BFF Abigail Anderson Is Engaged!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 08, 2007
- Vol. 68
- No. 15
The Grunter Vs. the Grouch
Two Exercisers Spin Out of Control. Criminal Charges Ensue
Stuart Sugarman admits he makes noise in his spin class. Loud grunts, to be specific. "You know how Jimmy Connors sounded when he hit a tennis ball?" says the investment banker. "Like that."
But on the evening of Aug. 15, it was apparently too much for a fellow spinner, stockbroker Christopher Carter, 44, at an Equinox Fitness Club in Manhattan. As the class began, the music picked up and some 50 participants, mostly women, began their warm-up. "There's intense music, and an energy that builds in the room," says Sugarman, 48, a bachelor and avid golfer, who adds he shouted, "You go, girl!" at one point. According to Sugarman, Carter shot him a dirty look. Words were exchanged. Then Carter allegedly approached him, lifted up his bike and slammed it into a wall. Sugarman, according to his doctor, suffered a concussion and has since undergone surgery for a herniated disc.
"Utter fabrication," counters Carter's attorney Michael Farkas, who refuses to provide details of the incident. Carter has been charged with misdemeanor assault. Equinox won't elaborate on the incident, but one instructor at the gym said that while Sugarman "hoots and hollers" during class, "the guy who created this problem was Chris." She adds, "It's a gym, for God's sake. It's supposed to be fun."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!