- Victoria Beckham Visits Ethiopia for UNAIDS Trip: See Her Touching Photos
- Read the Cover Story: How Blake Shelton Is Moving On After Split
- Las Vegas Doctor Pleads Not Guilty to Drugging, Sexually Assaulting Patients
- You're Not the Only One Counting Down to the Big Game! Meet Hollywood's Biggest Football Fanatics
- Shay Mitchell's Makeup Artist Makes the Case for Wearing Blue Eyeliner this Fall
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
- November 19, 2007
- Vol. 68
- No. 21
All He Needs Is Love
As His Divorce from Heather Mills Drags On, Paul McCartney Spends Quality Time with a New Lady Friend
It's a motto that is hard to adhere to in the midst of his seemingly endless divorce drama. On Oct. 31 Mills, 39, broke down in tears during a TV interview on Britain's GMTV during which she chastised the nation's tabloid journalists for treating her worse than "murderers and pedophiles." The press fostered such hatred against her that, she says, she received death threats and was "close to suicide." Now, having "put the truth out there," says a close friend, "she feels vindicated." If still, as she has said, "in a prison." Mills would like to move to the States, but as she told Good Morning America on Nov. 1, McCartney objects, lest their daughter, Beatrice, 4, speak with an "American accent."
Not that he minds an East Coast lilt. While his lawyers wrestle with the details of divorce, McCartney seems to be focusing on Shevell, who also spent time with him in London in October. "They've known each other for a while," says his friend. "They move in the same social circles in the Hamptons." Whatever they make of their future, they won't be hindered by their past. Mills's friend says the activist is "thrilled" McCartney has moved on. As for Shevell's estranged husband, New York attorney Bruce A. Blakeman, he says, "I am legally separated from Nancy. The separation is amicable." In other words, live and let live.
- With Pete Norman/London,
- Molly Lopez/New York City,
- Diane Herbst/New York City,
- Alyssa Shelasky/New York City,
- Natasha Stoynoff/New York City.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!