Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,172 covers and 54,888 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Eddie Redmayne Gushes About Hugging Julia Roberts, 'Stalking' Jennifer Aniston at SAGs
- The Best Photos from the Week of Jan. 19- Jan. 25, 2015
- Parents Charged in Ferret Attack on 1-Month-Old Baby Girl
- Go Behind-the-Scenes of the Sundance Film Festival!
- Amanda Peet Didn't Think Game of Thrones Was a Good Idea (Also: Her Hubby's the Showrunner!)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Wednesday January 28, 2015 11:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 19, 2007
- Vol. 68
- No. 21
All He Needs Is Love
As His Divorce from Heather Mills Drags On, Paul McCartney Spends Quality Time with a New Lady Friend
It's a motto that is hard to adhere to in the midst of his seemingly endless divorce drama. On Oct. 31 Mills, 39, broke down in tears during a TV interview on Britain's GMTV during which she chastised the nation's tabloid journalists for treating her worse than "murderers and pedophiles." The press fostered such hatred against her that, she says, she received death threats and was "close to suicide." Now, having "put the truth out there," says a close friend, "she feels vindicated." If still, as she has said, "in a prison." Mills would like to move to the States, but as she told Good Morning America on Nov. 1, McCartney objects, lest their daughter, Beatrice, 4, speak with an "American accent."
Not that he minds an East Coast lilt. While his lawyers wrestle with the details of divorce, McCartney seems to be focusing on Shevell, who also spent time with him in London in October. "They've known each other for a while," says his friend. "They move in the same social circles in the Hamptons." Whatever they make of their future, they won't be hindered by their past. Mills's friend says the activist is "thrilled" McCartney has moved on. As for Shevell's estranged husband, New York attorney Bruce A. Blakeman, he says, "I am legally separated from Nancy. The separation is amicable." In other words, live and let live.
- With Pete Norman/London,
- Molly Lopez/New York City,
- Diane Herbst/New York City,
- Alyssa Shelasky/New York City,
- Natasha Stoynoff/New York City.
January 28, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!