Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- 'I'm Forever Grateful': Carrie Underwood on the 10-Year Anniversary of Her American Idol Win
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- FROM EW: Why Those Two Iconic Game of Thrones Characters Just Met
- 13 Weirdly Incredible Hot Dog Toppings for the Most Delicious Memorial Day Ever
- You'll Never Guess What Karlie Kloss Keeps in Her Clutch (VIDEO)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 10, 2007
- Vol. 68
- No. 24
She Fought Anorexia
Now She's Rachael Ray's Cooking Buddy
At 19, Thomas says, she developed a pathological fear of getting fat—and eating any fat. "I ate a small portion of fat-free cottage cheese and pineapple tidbits maybe once a day, after a two-hour workout," she says. Friends and family noticed her dramatic weight loss and urged counseling. A year and a half of therapy helped her "work through self-esteem issues." She eventually returned to her normal weight and rediscovered a passion for cooking. "It's funny what a sense of humor God has," she says. "I love food!"
One of five finalists selected from thousands of video applications for "So You Think You Can Cook?!" "Jenn got more sure of herself as [we] went along," says Ray. "Cooking is empowering." Thomas' winnings include culinary boot camp and a spot on Ray's show Dec. 5. The real prize, though, will last longer. "I've never been 100 percent confident," says Thomas, "but I learned I can handle myself."
For Thomas' recipe for lasagna, go to PEOPLE.COM/JENNRECIPE
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!