Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Blac Chyna's Mom Warns Rob Kardashian: 'You're Going to Ruin [Your Relationship]' with Chyna
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Iconic Golfer Arnold Palmer Dies at 87
- Jacqueline Laurita Plans Early Departure from Vermont Trip After Threats from Teresa Giudice's Friend
- WATCH: Dancing With The Stars Listen up! Usain Bolt Wants in
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 10, 2007
- Vol. 68
- No. 24
She Fought Anorexia
Now She's Rachael Ray's Cooking Buddy
At 19, Thomas says, she developed a pathological fear of getting fat—and eating any fat. "I ate a small portion of fat-free cottage cheese and pineapple tidbits maybe once a day, after a two-hour workout," she says. Friends and family noticed her dramatic weight loss and urged counseling. A year and a half of therapy helped her "work through self-esteem issues." She eventually returned to her normal weight and rediscovered a passion for cooking. "It's funny what a sense of humor God has," she says. "I love food!"
One of five finalists selected from thousands of video applications for "So You Think You Can Cook?!" "Jenn got more sure of herself as [we] went along," says Ray. "Cooking is empowering." Thomas' winnings include culinary boot camp and a spot on Ray's show Dec. 5. The real prize, though, will last longer. "I've never been 100 percent confident," says Thomas, "but I learned I can handle myself."
For Thomas' recipe for lasagna, go to PEOPLE.COM/JENNRECIPE
September 24, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!