Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Baby Bump! Pregnant Princess Sofia of Sweden Steps Out at Global Child Forum
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- VIDEO: The Dark Side Rises in New Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer
- Celebrate Thanksgiving in Style By Shopping These Brands Who Give Back and Do Good
- Newborn Found in Manger of New York Nativity Church Nativity Scene
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 17, 2007
- Vol. 68
- No. 25
Best Friends Discover They Are Sisters
DNA Proves It: Brandy Hersh, Adopted at Birth, and Her Pal Heidi Wickware Don't Just Look Alike—They're Family
Little did they know. In 2005 Heidi brought Brandy home to meet her mother, Lisa, 46. Intrigued to learn her daughter's friend was adopted, Lisa asked about her birthday and where she was born. After Brandy left that day, Lisa dropped a bombshell on Heidi: As an unwed teen she had given up a baby girl for adoption—and that girl, she now suspected, was Brandy. "I was shocked," says Heidi, 25. Says Brandy, 27, an administrative assistant: "I didn't know what to think."
The women petitioned the state to open Brandy's adoption records. But after a year of waiting impatiently, they submitted samples for DNA tests. The results came back Nov. 26 and surprised them both. Not only are they sisters, they also share the same father—Jeff Wickware, whom Lisa married in 1981. (They divorced in 1986.) "I've always wanted a big sister, and to find out it's Brandy is wonderful," says Heidi. "We might not ever have met. We're extremely lucky."
- Anne Lang/Springfield.
November 23, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!