Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,168 covers and 54,870 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Josh Gad on the Frozen Phenomenon: 'It Took on a Life of Its Own'
- Read the Cover Story: Family and Friends Remember Robin Williams
- Karlie Kloss Talks Best Friend Taylor Swift, Style and More at PEOPLE Magazine Awards!
- Amber Rose Calls PEOPLE Magazine Awards Host Nick Cannon 'My Best Friend'
- Hollywood Stars Express Outrage over Sony Pulling The Interview
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Thursday December 18, 2014 09:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 17, 2007
- Vol. 68
- No. 25
Man with a Mission
In New Orleans with Angelina and the Kids, Brad Pitt Launches a New Campaign to Rebuild the Katrina-Devastated Lower Ninth Ward
On Dec. 3 they were the backdrop for the launch of Make It Right, a new campaign spearheaded by Brad Pitt to help rebuild the devastated area. "My hope is," he said, while Angelina Jolie and son Maddox, 6, looked on proudly, "that we can grow this thing."
Pitt, who bought a home with Jolie in the city's French Quarter in January, pledged $5 million of his own funds for the $22.5 million project, which aims to begin by building 150 homes. The pink tents will remain in place for five weeks, after which Pitt and his partners hope to begin construction. "We can get families in homes by next summer," says Pitt. "There's no reason why we can't do 1,000 homes, 10,000 homes, 100,000 homes."
For more information or to make a donation, visit MAKEITRIGHTNOLA.ORG
- Mary Green/New Orleans.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!