Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jake Gyllenhaal Is Ripped as He Battles for His Daughter in Southpaw Trailer
- Read the Cover Story: At Home with Britney Spears and Her Boys!
- FROM TIME: See the 10 Best Outfits from Mad Men
- Daniel Craig Is the Ultimate Action Hero in New James Bond Spectre Trailer
- Taraji P. Henson Apologizes for Accusing Police of Racially Profiling Her Son
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 24, 2007
- Vol. 68
- No. 26
Kiefer's Life in Jail
Because he's considered a long-term inmate, the actor gets his own 8' × 10' room with a toilet, sink and water fountain.
Prisoners get three meals a day through slots in their cell doors. So far, Sutherland has had cornflakes and eggs for breakfast, chili and sandwiches for lunch. And for dinner? Chicken à la king.
As a jail worker, he spends a few hours a day laundering the sheets, towels and blankets. Soon he'll serve meals to the other 10 or so inmates. He's ready to work: On day three, he asked, "Is there anything else you need me to do?"
Lights go on around 7:30 a.m., and the men can have two showers a day and two visitors between 1 and 4 p.m. Sutherland's duties mean he can roam the facility most of the day. As for downtime, he has TV access—and has gotten over 100 pieces of fan mail a day.
- Reported by Ken Lee/Los Angeles.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!