Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- SCOOP: Joseph Gordon-Levitt on His Terrifying Tightrope Movie The Walk: 'You Can't Focus on "What If I Fall?"' (VIDEO)
- Read the Cover Story: The Kennedy Family's Darkest Secret
- VIDEO: Some of Anna Duggar's Family 'Would Really Like Josh to Just Disappear,' Says Source
- Surprise! Baby on the Way for Tom Hardy and Charlotte Riley – See Her Bump
- Prosecutors Will Seek Death Penalty for Alleged Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 24, 2007
- Vol. 68
- No. 26
The Former First Daughter Talks About Her New Book, Turning 50—and Learning She Was Neil Diamond's Muse
I like finding things families can read that span generations. It would be nice if reading could be part of the Christmas celebration.
How did you choose what to include?
[Love of] reading is something my mother passed on to my brother and me, and some of our favorites are in this book. And there are things my own children [Rose, 19, Tatiana, 17, and Jack, 14] enjoy, like The Puppy Who Wanted a Boy [by Jane Thayer].
There's also your letter to Santa from '62—you ask for silver skates and "a real pet reindeer." Do you remember writing it?
No, but I remember dictating to my mother, her writing down things.
Other memories of Christmas?
We got oranges and walnuts in our stockings. In the "olden days" those were a treat. My brother and I thought it was completely unacceptable, but I think it's a nice thing to continue. My children don't like it either!
You had a big birthday this year—how did you celebrate?
Neil Diamond called in to my party [and said she was the inspiration for his song 'Sweet Caroline']. It was a great surprise my husband [Ed Schlossberg] had cooked up. I couldn't believe it!
How did it feel?
I always felt that was my song because it had my name in it, so it was really fun to find out maybe I had something to do with it.
Thoughts on turning 50?
Everything's going well, my kids are healthy. I feel so lucky. I hear it's a lot better than turning 80!
September 03, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!