Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Is Zayn Malik Working on a Solo Career After Leaving One Direction?
- The Style Top 5: Amal Clooney Brings Her Glam Street Style to NYC, Iggy Azalea Gets Candid About Her Body and More
- World's Hottest Math Teacher: College Student Discovers His Lecturer Is Actually a Male Model
- Casey Wilson: Why I Was 'Relieved' to Find Out I'm Having a Boy
- See All the Winners from the Kids' Choice Awards!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 04, 2008
- Vol. 69
- No. 4
Laila Ali Hosts the Gladiators
To Celebrate the Hit Show, the Former Boxer Serves a Knockout Meal to Her New Costars
Boxing, dancing, cooking. Is there anything the woman can't do? ("Come back to that question," she jokes.) If she got her moves in the ring from her dad, Muhammad Ali, she got her kitchen credentials from her maternal grandmother, Ethel. "My mom didn't cook," says Ali, 30. "I would call my grandma and ask, 'How do you make potato salad?' I'd listen to her, then make up my own recipe." These days she's confident enough to forgo measuring spoons and cook "by taste."
Married last July to former NFL player Curtis Conway, 37, Ali cooks dinner most nights for the two of them or for pals who stop by to watch a boxing match. "All I have to do is say I'm cooking, and people come," she says. Her style mixes high and low—she'll hire a florist, but "most times my guests get paper plates." An informal lunch party like this one is a good way to get to know new colleagues, and Ali is learning a lot. They don't always use utensils (witness Wolf—real name: Don Yates—having at the chicken), they can be picky (Mike O'Hearn, a.k.a. Titan, chooses to eat only fruit), and they can strike fear in a cook's heart. Asks Mayhem: "Food fight, anyone?" Luckily, Wolf steps in saying, "No way! This is too good to waste!"
For Ali's recipes, go to People.com/Laila
March 28, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!