Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Birthday Girl Kaley Cuoco Reflects on Life After Divorce: There's 'Nothing I Can't Handle'
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Joey Feek Plays Dress-Up in Cute Matching Pigtail Hats with Daughter Indiana
- Mom of Transgender Child Says She Was 'Obsessed with Death' Before Her Transition
- Woman Who Allegedly Posted Photo of Dog with Muzzle Taped Shut Charged with Animal Cruelty
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 03, 2008
- Vol. 69
- No. 8
Richie Sambora Still Standing
At a Charity Concert Dedicated to His Late Father, the Bon Jovi Guitarist Opens Up About Surviving One of the Worst Times of His Life
What is your wish for the charity?
When you get that call that someone has cancer, you feel like you are drowning in a sea of disaster. The only thing you can possibly do is have hope. We hope we can spread information.
Were you with your dad at the end?
I was backstage [in Nashville last April] and my mother [called to say], "You better get here [to New York City]. We don't think he's gonna make it through the night." Jon said, "Take the jet and go." He held on for five more days.
You've said that you hit bottom.
I got divorced [from Heather Locklear and later split from Denise Richards]. I was going through a custody battle. I was having alcohol addiction problems, and my dad was dying and I was on tour and writing a record. I was emotionally busy. I was trying to slow down the speed of life drastically, but it was not working. It was a gang tackle from hell. And crawling out of that wreckage was a triumphant victory. My mom, the band, all my friends were very much supportive.
What's the toughest thing since you got sober [at Cirque Lodge last year]?
I haven't had any problems, thank God. Things are just getting better. Doing stuff like this [fund-raiser], being with my daughter [Ava, 10] and taking care of my mom. I love being a dad.
December 01, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!