Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- FIRST LISTEN: Hear Jon Bon Jovi’s New Song from Finding Neverland
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Update: Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting Dyed Her Eyebrows Pink to Match Her Pixie (New Photos)
- Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield Step Out Together Again After Rekindling Romance
- Wow! Melissa McCarthy Looks Stunning at the Spy Premiere: See the Pic
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 18, 2008
- Vol. 69
- No. 6
The Grammys Turn 50!
From the Hottest Performances to the Oddest Couples Ever: A Photographic Look Back at Music's Biggest Night
PRINCE AND Beyoncé Knowles "The fireworks between them just happened," says superproducer (and Recording Academy Chairman) Jimmy Jam of the duo's charged medley. "You couldn't have planned it like that. It was amazing."
DEAN MARTIN AND SAMMY DAVIS JR. Only 28 categories were presented at the very first Grammys, a black-tie dinner at a hotel.
BROOKE SHIELDS, MICHAEL JACKSON AND EMMANUEL LEWIS The gloved one brought two pals to the ceremony—and won a record eight Grammys.
ALICIA KEYS "No one expected her to win five awards," says music mogul Clive Davis. "She really is a young Renaissance woman."
LEANN RIMES After Rimes, 14, beat No Doubt for best new artist, she says, "Gwen Stefani walks by and says, 'That's the little girl that just kicked our ass!'"
TONY BENNETT "There are always butterflies before you hit the stage," says Bennett (celebrating a Grammy win with pal Billy Joel in 2000, inset).
MELISSA ETHERIDGE & JOSS STONE Belting out "Piece of My Heart" after undergoing chemotherapy, says Etheridge, "was very healing."
See more stars! Check out 50 Grammy Looks from 50 Years at people.com/2008grammys. And look for the Recording Academy's commemorative coffee table book And the Grammy Goes To, on sale at Borders.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!