Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH AND SHOP: The Bracelet Inspired by Styles Stars Love – for Less
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Better Late Than Never! Kendall Jenner Finally Made It to Paris Fashion Week
- Playboy Model Denies She's Dating Dallas Cowboys Quarterback – but Then Posts Racy Throwback Photo With a Bengals Player
- Shannen Doherty Reveals Hair Is Growing Back After Cancer Treatment in Sweet Snap With Her Husband
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 18, 2008
- Vol. 69
- No. 6
The French President & The Model Married!
A Sudden Divorce, a New Love And, Now, a Wedding. Nicolas Sarkozy Doesn't Mess Around
The wedding was just as intimate. Bruni, 39, in a sleeveless, off-white Hermès dress, and Sarkozy, 53, wearing a dark suit, exchanged vows during a 20-minute civil service earlier that day at the presidential palace, witnessed by 30 loved ones, including children from their previous marriages. (Nowhere in sight: Cécilia Sarkozy, the president's ex-wife of 11 years, with whom he split last October five months after being sworn in.) "They had the air of being very emotional and in love," says François Lebel, mayor of Paris's eighth district, who performed the ceremony. Newspapers in Italy, where Bruni was born and lived before moving to France and modeling for Chanel and Yves Saint Laurent, reported that the couple are already expecting, but the president's office has not commented. In any event, the mother of the bride seems content the union—his third, her second—is now legal. As Marisa Borini told Le Parisien newspaper, "I'm very happy for my daughter and also certainly for the president."
- Reported by Peter Mikelbank/Paris.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!