Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- 20 Creative Thanksgiving Leftovers Recipes
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- After One Twin Brother Collapses, the Other Discovers They Share a Rare and Often-Fatal Heart Defect: 'God Saved Both of Our Lives'
- Pamela Anderson's Vegan Boots Are Made Out of Recycled TV Screens: 'They're Compassionate and Sexy'
- Pope Francis Visits Refugee Camp in War-Torn African Nation as a 'Pilgrim of Peace'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 18, 2008
- Vol. 69
- No. 6
The French President & The Model Married!
A Sudden Divorce, a New Love And, Now, a Wedding. Nicolas Sarkozy Doesn't Mess Around
The wedding was just as intimate. Bruni, 39, in a sleeveless, off-white Hermès dress, and Sarkozy, 53, wearing a dark suit, exchanged vows during a 20-minute civil service earlier that day at the presidential palace, witnessed by 30 loved ones, including children from their previous marriages. (Nowhere in sight: Cécilia Sarkozy, the president's ex-wife of 11 years, with whom he split last October five months after being sworn in.) "They had the air of being very emotional and in love," says François Lebel, mayor of Paris's eighth district, who performed the ceremony. Newspapers in Italy, where Bruni was born and lived before moving to France and modeling for Chanel and Yves Saint Laurent, reported that the couple are already expecting, but the president's office has not commented. In any event, the mother of the bride seems content the union—his third, her second—is now legal. As Marisa Borini told Le Parisien newspaper, "I'm very happy for my daughter and also certainly for the president."
- Reported by Peter Mikelbank/Paris.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!