Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jake Gyllenhaal Is Ripped as He Battles for His Daughter in Southpaw Trailer
- Read the Cover Story: At Home with Britney Spears and Her Boys!
- FROM TIME: See the 10 Best Outfits from Mad Men
- Daniel Craig Is the Ultimate Action Hero in New James Bond Spectre Trailer
- Taraji P. Henson Apologizes for Accusing Police of Racially Profiling Her Son
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 18, 2008
- Vol. 69
- No. 6
Ex-Volleyball Star Gabrielle Reece and Laird Hamilton Welcome a Second Girl
Jan. 1, 2008 8
lbs. 2 oz.
When Mom is an ex-volleyball star and Dad is a world-class surfer, what's a newborn to do? Dip her tiny toes in the ocean, of course. And that's just what Brody Jo Hamilton—second daughter to Gabrielle Reece and Laird Hamilton—did at the tender age of two weeks. "I put her legs in the water and she got a wondrous look on her face," says Hamilton, 43. "She didn't freak out at all." Not surprising, given her super-athlete genes: A mere six weeks after giving birth via C-section, the 6'3" Reece is already back in shape. "I stayed fit during pregnancy, so my body went back quickly," says the 38-year-old mom, who likes to hit the beach near their Hawaii home with her husband, baby and daughter Viola, 4. "I always wanted to be surrounded by women," says Hamilton, who also has a 12-year-old daughter, Izabela, from a previous marriage. "I just didn't know I was going to be related to all of them!"
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!