Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Italy Earthquake: Girl, 10, Rescued From Rubble as Death Toll Rises to 247
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform at MTV VMAs – Kim Kardashian West to Present!
- FROM EW: Lifetime Is Making a Britney Spears Biopic
- Jenelle Evans Confirms She's Pregnant with Her Third Child – a Baby Girl!
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 17, 2008
- Vol. 69
- No. 10
The Cat Burglar
With a New Baby in the House, This London Kitty Brings Home Plush Toys to Share
This cat does more than merely fetch. London film editor Rachel Meyrick says her 2-year-old Siamese Cwtch (pronounced "kutsch," which means "cuddle" in Welsh) has always had a gift for retrieving. But shortly after Meyrick and her Texas-born husband, photographer Ray Lewis, 43, had a baby last year, their kitty turned into a klepto. "Since my daughter Dinah was born in December it's been crazy," says Meyrick, 38. Cwtch has scoured backyards and possibly even ducked through open windows to filch and drag home four teddy bears, a stuffed rabbit, a dinosaur, a dolphin and an elephant—so many toys that the couple put up signs (and a Web site) offering to return them to their rightful owners. So far, none have been claimed. "It's a genuine, care-taking behavior," says British animal psychologist Roger Mugford. "The cat is sharing the success of hunting and treating humans as though they are members of a feline fraternity."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!