- Halle Berry Looks Flawless in a Bikini at 50
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- DeKoding KarJenner Style: Why Kendall Cuts Her T-Shirts
- Lauren Conrad Revealed That a Certain Game of Thrones Actress Is Her Girl Crush
- Utah Woman Doctors Said Was Infertile Gives Birth Hours After Learning She Was Pregnant: 'It's a Miracle,' Husband Says
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
- March 31, 2008
- Vol. 69
- No. 12
On the Road with ... Avril Lavigne
On Tour, the Pop-Punk Singer Is Just One of the Girls—pink Guitars, Bedazzled Hoodies and All
What else is different this time around? "On my first tour, I was on a bus full of guys," she says. "I had a bunk, and we just ate pizza every night—so unhealthy." Now the pop-punker has vegetables in her diet and savors quiet moments when her husband of almost two years, Sum 41's Deryck Whibley, 28, visits. "I cry when he leaves," she sighs. "We talk all day long. Like when I first wake up, I call him and every couple of hours we talk."
When she's not cooing on the phone, Lavigne watches TV on the bus, shops and does yoga. One definite no-no during her down time? Blog-browsing. "There's a lot of trash talk," she says. "People were saying I was pregnant. That's not true!" (Of course, she only fueled the fire by recently shopping at baby stores as a prank for Ashton Kutcher's new show Pop Fiction.) Babies will have to wait until "I'm, like, 30," she says, because for now she's focusing on getting more acting gigs like her recent part in Fast Food Nation, doing a new clothing line for Kohl's called Abbey Dawn, playing live—and finding time to unwind. "My favorite part of the day," Lavigne says, "is [when] it's over, I can take a shower, put my PJs on. I love being on the bus."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!