Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Ohio Community Reeling After 4-Year-Old with Autism Wanders from Home and Drowns: 'They'll Never Get over It'
- Read the Cover Story: Inside Blake & Miranda's Shocking Split
- Florida Teens Lost at Sea Have Been Missing for Six Days: 'As Each Hour Goes by, the Situation Becomes Dire'
- Lifetime's 'Olsen Twins' Mean Business, Ask for Double the Pay in New Unauthorized Full House Story Clip
- Luke Bryan to Hold Exclusive Concert to Celebrate New Album Release – All the Details
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 05, 2008
- Vol. 69
- No. 17
Suri's Birthday Weekend
The Littlest Cruise Turns 2 with Cool Tunes, Bowling and One Huge Cake (Thanks, Mom and Dad!)
Suri's grandparents and siblings celebrated her big day.
It's a family tradition: No matter how small the gathering, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes "like to create events," Holmes told People in January, turning even routine movie nights into affairs to remember. So it's little wonder that daughter Suri's low-key April 18 birthday bash still had everything a 2-year-old could wish for.
At a private Hollywood Hills estate, the birthday girl celebrated by dancing to some of her favorite tunes (she loves Rihanna), coloring, opening presents—her haul included ballet and tap shoes, books and a doll—and best of all, snacking on a four-tiered cake adorned with edible butterflies and polka dots.
The intimate gathering featured balloons and a "Happy B-Day Suri" message scrawled in chalk by her big sister Isabella, 15. Big brother Connor, 13, was also on hand. (Connor will make his movie debut with a small, nonspeaking part in Will Smith's upcoming drama Seven Pounds, playing a young Smith.) The guest list included Suri's aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents from both sides. That was just the start of an action-packed weekend: The fun continued at a Hollywood bowling alley where Suri chose her own Tweety Bird ball; other activities included a group dinner at the Beverly Hills Hotel's Polo Lounge and a performance of My Fair Lady at L.A.'s Ahmanson Theater.
Meanwhile, Suri's mom and dad are "very, very happy together," says a source, scoffing at reports of trouble. Cruise and Holmes stepped out, sans Suri, at a birthday party for pal Victoria Beckham April 20. But they spent most of the weekend focused on Suri. "She is so magical," Holmes told People. "I'm feeling so lucky to have her."
- Elizabeth Leonard/Los Angeles.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!